Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Lentil growing at home

There is a Big Experiment going on here. Growing Lentils!
Over the past couple years I've been curious about growing lentils. In Eastern Washington there is a big commercial lentil growing area. But I have been unable to find ANY information about growing lentils on a small scale. I realize its likely way too late to get any mature lentils, but there was this bare spot of garden, and this jar of lentils, and......... you get the idea.

A week ago I planted these, that was July 10. With lots of hot weather and a couple thundershowers, they popped right out of the ground. being legumes, I thought they would have more of a pea leaf, but we'll see. I've been told that lentils don't like "wet feet" such as our high ground water, so it will be interesting to see how they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment